How to manage gas cylinders safely
The gas cylinder itself is a kind of pressure vessel, and the stored gas may have inflammable and explosive characteristics, so there is a greater risk, is one of the key and difficult points in the safety management work, the content recommended to you today systematically explains all aspects of the gas cylinder safety management, the main parameters include:
1. Normal ambient temperature -40 to 60℃;
2. Nominal working pressure is 1.0 to 30Mpa;
3. Nominal volume is 0.4L to 3000L;
4. Contain permanent gas, liquefied gas or mixed gas;
5. Seamless, welded and special cylinders.
Safety features of gas cylinders:
1. The pressure of compressed gas and liquefied gas inside the cylinder is greatly affected by temperature, so the design requires that the pressure inside the cylinder at 60℃ be used as the design pressure;
2. Due to the small diameter of the cylinder, it is impossible to carry out internal inspection. Therefore, the pressure test is required to be high, and the test pressure is 1.5 times of the design pressure.
Gas cylinder inspection:
1. The enterprise shall purchase or fill gas cylinders from the manufacturer with the gas cylinder production or filling license, and shall conduct inspection and acceptance before receiving.
2. The unqualified gas cylinders shall not be received.
3. The unit using the gas cylinder shall designate the on-site management personnel of the gas cylinder to check the appearance of the gas cylinder regularly when receiving the gas cylinder and during the use of the gas cylinder.
4. Hang the corresponding labels according to the relevant requirements of the Regulations on Safety Visual Management.
5. Defective gas cylinders should be separated from other gas cylinders and replaced or scrapped in time. The examination of gas cylinders mainly includes the following aspects:
5.1 Whether the gas cylinder has clearly visible exterior coloring and warning label;
5.2 Whether there are serious defects such as corrosion, deformation, wear and crack on the surface of the gas cylinder;
5.3 Whether the accessories of the gas cylinder (shockproof ring, bottle cap, bottle valve) are complete and intact;
5.4 Whether the gas cylinder exceeds the periodic inspection cycle;
5.5 Service status of gas cylinders (full, in use, empty).
The enterprise shall entrust the institution with the qualification of gas cylinder inspection to conduct regular inspection on the gas cylinder, and the inspection cycle is as follows:
1. Gas cylinders containing corrosive gases (such as sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, etc.) shall be inspected every two years;
2. Gas cylinders containing general gases (such as air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, acetylene, etc.) shall be inspected every three years;
3. Gas cylinders containing inert gases (argon, neon, helium, etc.) shall be inspected every five years;
4. In the process of using the gas cylinder, if serious corrosion or damage is found or there is doubt about its safety and reliability, it should be tested in advance. Cylinders exceeding the inspection period should be inspected before use.
5. Cylinders in stock and out of service for more than one inspection cycle shall be inspected before use.
Gas cylinder acceptance registration five checks and one registration
1. Check whether the gas cylinder is regularly inspected and whether there are steel marks;
2. Check the delivery certificate of gas cylinder;
3. Check whether the gas cylinder has shock-proof ring;
4. Check whether the gas cylinder has protective caps;
5. Check whether the cylinder nozzle is deformed, whether the switch is missing, whether the appearance is normal, the color is uniform, whether the accessories are complete and whether they meet the safety requirements. 6. Check and register the gas cylinder after passing the inspection.
Gas cylinder transportation
1. Vehicles carrying gas cylinders should be marked "Dangerous Goods".
2. The cylinder must be equipped with the cylinder cap and shock-proof ring. When the pressure reducer is installed, it should be removed and the cylinder cap should be tightened to prevent accidents caused by breaking the cylinder valve.
3. The gas cylinder should be mounted upright and upward on the car, properly fixed to prevent tilt, fall or fall, and the height of the car should be more than two-thirds of the height of the bottle. 4. When the vehicle transporting gas cylinders stops, the driver and the escort shall not leave at the same time.
5. Vehicles transporting gas cylinders are not allowed to park near busy urban areas and crowded areas.
6. Acetylene cylinders should not be transported long distances.
7. Vehicles transporting combustible gas cylinders must be equipped with fire-fighting equipment.
8. Vehicles transporting toxic gas cylinders must be equipped with gas masks.
9. Summer transportation should have shading facilities, appropriate coverage, avoid exposure to the sun.
10. Cylinders containing medium that can ignite explosion and produce poisonous gas shall not be transported in the same vehicle.
11. Flammable goods, oils and articles with oil stains shall not be transported in the same vehicle as oxygen cylinders or strong oxidizer cylinders.
12. Except for the driver and escort personnel, it is strictly prohibited to take the vehicle.
13. Crew members are strictly prohibited from smoking or carrying tinder.
Gas cylinder handling
1. When handling the gas cylinder, tighten the bottle cap and move it in an upright upward position. Pay attention to light loading and unloading.
2. When moving the cylinder in a close distance (within 5m), turn the bottom of the cylinder by holding the shoulder and using gloves. When the moving distance is far, special carts should be used for handling. Under special circumstances, appropriate safe ways can be used for handling.
3. It is forbidden to carry gas cylinders with a height of more than 1.5m to a trolley or special hanging basket with the body. The rolling mode of holding the shoulders of the cylinder and rotating the bottom of the cylinder can be adopted.
4. When unloading the vehicle, soft pads or rubber pads should be laid on the landing place of the gas cylinders. Unloading the vehicle one by one is strictly prohibited.
5. When loading and unloading oxygen cylinders, no grease shall be stuck on the overalls, gloves, loading and unloading tools and machinery.
6. When lifting the cylinder, special hanging basket or loading rack should be used. Do not use wire ropes or chain slings. Electromagnetic cranes and chains are strictly prohibited.
Gas cylinder use
1. The gas cylinder should not be placed near the heat source and should be kept at least 10m away from the office and living area.
2. The gas cylinder should be prevented from being exposed to the sun, rain and water. When the ambient temperature exceeds 40℃, measures such as shading should be taken to cool down.
3. Oxygen cylinder and acetylene cylinder should be placed separately when used, at least 5m spacing, and 10m away from the open flame.
4. Gas cylinders prone to polymerization or decomposition of reaction gases, such as acetylene cylinders, should avoid radioactive sources.
5. The gas cylinder should be used standing, it is strictly prohibited to put it lying down, and measures should be taken to prevent dumping.
6. Before using acetylene cylinder, it must first stand upright for 20 minutes, and then connect the reducing valve for use.
7. Gas cylinders and accessories should be kept clean and dry to prevent contamination with corrosive media, dust, etc.
8. The oxygen bottle valve shall not be stained with grease. Welders shall not contact the oxygen bottle valve and pressure reducer with grease tools, gloves or greasy work clothes. 9. Do not contact the gas cylinder with the electrical equipment and circuit, and the pipeline and equipment in contact with the gas cylinder should be grounded. In the field of gas and electric welding mixed operation, to prevent the oxygen cylinder electrified, such as the ground is iron plate, to pad wood or rubber pad to be insulated.
10. Acetylene cylinders shall not be placed on rubber and other insulators.
11. When the gas cylinder valve or pressure reducer is frozen and frosted, it shall not be roasted by fire. The gas cylinder can be moved indoors or to a place with higher temperature, or poured with warm water below 40℃, and then slowly open the valve.
12. It is strictly prohibited to heat the gas cylinder with the heat source whose temperature exceeds 40℃.
13. When opening or closing the bottle valve, use hand or special wrench. Do not use other tools to prevent damage to the valve. Do not use wrenches for valves with hand wheels. If the valve is damaged, the cylinder should be isolated and repaired promptly.
14. Cylinder valves should be opened or closed slowly, especially for cylinders containing combustible gases, to prevent frictional heat or electrostatic sparks.
15. Stand at the side of the cylinder outlet when opening the cylinder valve.
16. During the use of the acetylene cylinder, the special handle for opening and closing the valve of the acetylene cylinder should always be installed on the valve.
17. The valve of welding and cutting tools and the valve of acetylene cylinder must be closed when the use is interrupted temporarily. It is strictly prohibited to adjust the pressure reducer or open or close the valve of the acetylene cylinder with the welding and cutting tools lit.
18. The outlet of the acetylene cylinder valve must be equipped with a special pressure reducer and tempering prevention device. The pressure reducer must be combined with the clamping device and the valve.
19 Normal use of acetylene cylinder discharge pressure drop shall not exceed 0.1MPa/h, such as large flow, the use of multiple acetylene cylinder confluence gas supply.
20. After the use of the gas cylinder, close the valve, release the pressure of the pressure reducer, and put on the bottle cap.
21. It is strictly prohibited to knock or collide the gas cylinder. It is strictly prohibited to initiate arc by welding on the gas cylinder.
22. The gas in the bottle must not be used up and there must be residual pressure. The residual pressure of compressed gas cylinders shall be no less than 0.05MPa, and the residual gas of liquefied gas cylinders shall be no less than 0.5%-1.0% of the prescribed filling amount.
23. Close the valve to prevent air leakage and keep the air pressure positive.
24. It is forbidden to dispose of residual liquid in gas cylinders by yourself.
25. In situations where backflow may be caused, the equipment must be equipped with devices to prevent backflow, such as check valve, check valve, buffer, etc.
26. After the gas cylinder is put into use, the cylinder body shall not be repaired by digging or welding. It is strictly prohibited to use gas cylinders as supports and other purposes.
27. Keep the gas cylinder properly after use. Gas cylinders should have status labels (" Empty ", "in use", "Full" labels).
28. It is strictly prohibited to use gas cylinders in the case of leakage.
29. If the gas cylinder is found leaking during use, find out the cause and take corrective measures in time.
Gas cylinder storage
1. Gas cylinders should be stored in outdoor places with sunshade and awning.
2. When stored indoors, the building shall meet the relevant standard requirements.
3. The gas cylinder storage room shall not be located in the basement or semi-basement, nor shall it be located with the office or the rest room.
4. The storage place should be ventilated and dry, prevent rain (snow), water immersion, avoid direct sunlight.
5. No open flame and other heat sources, no gutter, secret passage and bottom vent, and no pipeline through.
6. Lighting equipment in the warehouse where combustible and explosive gas cylinders are stored must be explosion-proof, electrical switches and fuses should be set outside the warehouse, and lightning protection devices should be set up.
7. Do not place gas cylinders in places that may conduct electricity.
Gas cylinders should be stored separately:
1. Separate empty and full bottles, oxygen or other oxidizing gases from fuel gas bottles and other flammable materials;
2. Acetylene cylinder and oxygen cylinder, chlorine cylinder and flammable materials, toxic gas cylinder, cylinder medium in contact with each other can cause combustion, explosion, toxic gas cylinder chamber.
3. Within 15m of the storage place of flammable gas cylinders, it is prohibited to smoke, engage in the work of open flame and spark generation, and set up corresponding warning signs.
4. At the site where acetylene cylinders are used, the storage of acetylene gas shall not exceed 30 cubic meters (equivalent to 5 bottles, referring to acetylene cylinders with a nominal volume of 40L). When the amount of acetylene gas exceeds 30 cubic meters, a separate storage room shall be isolated by a non-combustion material, one of which shall be a fixed wall.
5. When the storage capacity of acetylene gas is more than 240 cubic meters (quite 40 bottles), the fire resistance grade should be built at least two level storage warehouse, and the fire spacing of the building should not be less than 10m, otherwise it should be separated by a firewall.
6. Gas cylinders should be stored upright and fixed or tied firmly with railings or supports. Do not use the valve or head of the gas cylinder to fix the gas cylinder.
7. The support or tie shall be made of flame-retardant material, and the bottom of the gas cylinder shall be protected from corrosion.
8. When storing gas cylinders (including empty bottles), the valve should be closed, the pressure reducer should be removed, and the cap of the gas cylinder should be put on and tightened to discharge neatly.
9. Gas cylinders unsuitable for long-term storage or limited storage, such as vinyl chloride, hydrogen chloride, methyl ether and other gas cylinders, should indicate the storage period.
10. Full of gas cylinders prone to polymerization or decomposition of reaction gas, such as acetylene cylinders, must stipulate the storage period, according to the nature of the gas control storage point of the highest temperature, and should avoid radioactive sources.
11. The gas cylinder shall be disposed of timely after storage expires.
12. During indoor storage of gas cylinders, especially in summer, the temperature and humidity of the storage place should be tested regularly and recorded.
13. The maximum allowable temperature of the storage place shall be determined according to the nature of the containing gas, and the relative humidity of the storage place shall be controlled below 80%.
14. Indoor storage of gas cylinders for toxic or combustible gases
keyword： How to manage gas cylinders safely